I just got this vinyl quote a few weeks ago and I absolutely love it. I put it on a tile board to put in my family room. I put it in a spot that I will see it every day...
I have to say that I cant read it with out crying! I tried to read it to Craig as I was putting it on the tile and I got through about four lines and he pretty much had to finish reading it himself. I dont know if its just a mom thing, a julie thing, or what, but I get so teary every time i read this so i thought i would share it with you mothers...
I think i love it so much because it is such a good reminder for me. Anyone that knows me well knows I can kind of a be a little clean freak. okay fine not a little-- alot! :) Sometimes I feel like i get so caught up in my days, (cleaning, cooking, laundry, ect) that I just need to remember that this phase of life with Jeter and Kamree is so short and I need to remind myself that its okay if dishes sit in the sink for a few hours, or I might not get to the vacuming for the day, but as long as I am holding them, reading them books, taking them for walks, singing or playing with toys, that is so much more important to me than a perfect house.... Okay so now that I just wrote a novel here is the quote... :)
"Some homes try to hide the fact that children shelter there. Ours boasts of it quite openly. The signs are everywhere. For smears are on the windows, little smudges on the door. I should apologize I guess for the toys strewn on the floor. But today I sat down with my children. We played and laughed and read, and if the doorbell doesnt shine, their eyes will shine instead. For when at times, I'm forced to choose, the one job or the other, Id like to be a homemaker but I would rather be a mother."



10 comments:
I LOVE THAT!! I'm not quite a mom YET....but it made me cry! Perfect quote love thanks for sharing :)
I am so glad that I gave you that quote!!! It really is the cutest thing out there...and I just read it again and cried to. Must be a mommy thing!
Yep,pretty sure it got my tears flowing! I can relate to the clean freak thing. I wish I could be a better mom in that respect in not worry about the small things!
I absolutely love that quote. I am totally making me one, I think I need that reminder in my life. I got so emotional reading that when I first saw it in your house, and now I'm tearing up again! I love it.
What a perfect quote! So true and good to remember. Your house is totally cute too..you should post more pictures so I can get the tour:) I hope you're still making plans to come out here this summer. It will be so fun to see you!!
Julie, that's perfect! I think I'm going to steal it for my blog!
great quote...
and btw, I want twins so I can take adorable pictures like yours! Love um!!
Cant wait for San Fran!! See ya soon.
Hey you don't know me but my Husband grew up in Gunnison with Craig and we ran across your blog.. your kids are adorable!
Julie!!!! I'm so so so happy i found you on blog! Now we can keep up on each other. I miss you guys. Are you in your house yet??? So my blog is set on private so you'll have to email me your email so i can invite you to be on my list! Hope the twins are doing as good as i remember! email me at allie_pace@hotmail.com
Post a Comment