Monday, February 14, 2011

Day of {Love}

Happy Valentines Day! I dont know why but I have always loved loved this holiday... I think because ever since we were little my Mom and Dad always made it such a fun/special holiday for us.. It usually consisted of a fun "heart" breakfast with heart shaped pancakes, etc. Then my mom would always do a fun little present for us. I remember one year I came home from school and she had made little cut out hearts and "heart-attacked" each one of mine, my sister and brothers doors with little hearts that had all the things that she loved about us. We would always come home and find a fun little Valentine on our beds from her. I loved it.. My parents always made each holiday so fun and special. So I definetely wanted to continue those fun memories and traditions for my kids...
I love the twins ages right now. They get so excited to open up presents! I Love it!! We had a fun breakfast together, followed by lots of play, a fun visit from our friends Dee and cute little Chloe, and then a fun dinner together.
Craig opening up his Valentine from the kids and I :)

Jeter and Kamree got so spoiled by Nana And Papa. My parents gave them the cutest lunch pails filled with treats, books, and toys. Jeter and Kamree LOVED it!!! I cant wait to use the lunch pails in the summer with their lunches at the park.


Grandpa Robert and Grandma Jeanette also sent down some fun CUTE valentines for the twins. They loved it.. Jeter and Kamree are so lucky to have such wonderful Grandmas and Grandpas!



My {sweet} hubby... K so i just have to take a minute to brag about my husband. I cant help it! One thing about Craig is that he is always SO sweet with every Holiday, Birthday, Anniversary, Mothers Day, etc. He always makes the day so special from morning until night. We started a tradition a few years ago that for Valentines we would always go out on our "date" a couple nights before Valentines and then on the actual night we would make dinner, watch a movie, and play games together. I LOVE this tradition. On saturday night Craig and I, and my parents went to Mesquite to go to the most amazing sea food buffet on the planet. And yes I said Buffet. Yes we drove over an hour one way to go to this place. And yes we pigged out! Can you say 'all you can eat crab, lobster and shrimp??' Mmmm... It was such a fun date night. I loved every minute of it.

Today he came home with roses, the sweetest card (that made me cry) and the most thoughtful gift, of all of my favorite things such as: my favorite shampoo, my favorite conditioner, my favorite lip stuff, treats, etc. Then he made me the most amazing dinner... I got spoiled! :)

I managed to sneak a few pictures of Craig in the kitchen while he was making our dinner :)


After the twins went to bed, Craig and I had a fun dinner to ourselves.. He made such a good meal!

I normally dont take pictures of food, but I couldnt resist... He made: steaks, baked potatoes, aspargaras, ceaser salad, shrimp cocktail, and artichockes! (I may or may not have helped on that last one :)

It was a perfect Valentines! Hope everyone had a fun day!!

4 comments:

Scott & Christie Lamb said...

girl how cute!! I want to start that fun little tradition with Gabby J! Looks like I'll have to come down for dinner sometime cuz that looked YUMMY!!! Happy love day!

Jeff and Ashley said...

Looks like you guys had a great V-day!!! Love seeing those cute kiddos of yours!! Love you!

Erin Marriott said...

Oh my gosh I love it!! How fun! And your Valentine's dinner looked SOOO good! What a sweet husband, it sounds like you had a great day. And I love the twins' excited little faces when they're opening all their loot! How adorable! Miss you girl!

Erin Marriott said...

Oh and p.s. I am so jealous you got to do our famous Seafood buffet!! We will definitely have to do that next time we come out!